If you're looking to splash a little ink on your body but an overprotective parent is casting doubt, learn how to turn the tide of the argument in your favor.
- TIP: Talk to the tattoo artist about ways to cover up your ink and locations that are less noticeable in public situations.
- Step 1: Think of all the reasons to not get a tattoo to stay one step ahead of the argument. With a little patience and thought, you'll be under the needle in no time.
- FACT: Henna is a natural ink used to dye hair, skin, and fabric and is derived from the henna tree found in Northern Africa and India.
- Step 2: Compromise on the location of the tattoo if your mother worries about it ruining job opportunities later in life.
- Step 3: Explain the reason or story behind the tattoo to show that you are not interested as a whim or because it's cool. Discuss your desire for a tattoo that has substance and meaning to you.
- TIP: Before you and your mother make any decision, visit the tattoo shop and meet the artist to put her more at ease.
- Step 4: Pick a good time to bring up the subject. Talk honestly and maturely about your decision to show you have put a lot of thought into it.
- Step 5: Do your research and find a reputable, certified tattoo artist, with a shop that is clean, who has all their state licensing up to date.