If you're a YouTube user and want a higher profile, create a YouTube channel to host a series of videos created by you, as well as other YouTube users.
- TIP: You can pay to have YouTube's marketing staff help you create a "brand" for your channel.
- Step 1: Choose to display your own videos, your favorite videos from others, your video playlists, and a featured video under the Videos and Playlists tab. Now you're ready to broadcast yourself!
- FACT: The first video ever posted on YouTube was an 19-second clip of YouTube cofounder Jawed Kasim at the zoo.
- Step 2: Click on the Modules tab. In Modules you can add or delete content boxes on your page, allow viewer comments, or add friends and subscribers lists.
- Step 3: Click on the Themes and Colors tab. Set your page's background colors and graphics. At Show Advanced Options, edit your font colors and tweak your layer transparency.
- Step 4: Click on your channel name located at the top of the page, and you'll go to your new channel's landing page.
- Step 5: Use the tabs to customize your channel's information, appearance, and accessibility.
- Step 6: Click on the Settings tab, where you can set your page's title, set channel tags or keywords for search engines, or allow your page to be visible.
- Step 7: Go to the YouTube home page to create an account. If you already have an account, sign in.