If you enjoy having your data in the palm of your hand, then losing that data is not a viable option, so backing up that information is key.
- FACT: The large area at the base of your thumb on your palm is called the thenar.
- Step 1: Click SyncToy and run it. Create a new folder pair -- left to browse the Pre's drive, and the right to create a subdirectory. Synchronize and run. Now feel secure that your data is safe and sound.
- Step 2: Back up the data that the automatic updates do not save like online contacts, e-mail attachments and contents, and website passwords. Plug in your phone to your computer using the USB cord and download and install SyncToy.
- TIP: If you get a new phone, simply retrieve the information by signing into your Palm Pre profile.
- Step 3: Let the Palm Pre do its work on its own because the Palm Pre is set up to automatically perform backups daily. These are linked to your user account, so you are able to retrieve them if needed.