If the thought of losing everything on your iPhone sends deep shivers down your spine and sweat beads down your brow, then make sure you take some time to back up those data files.
- FACT: Although the first cellular phone concept was developed in 1947 by Bell Laboratories, Martin Cooper of Motorola made the first actual cell phone in 1973.
- Step 1: Recover your backed-up information in case of loss by right-clicking your iPhone under Devices and choose Restore from Back Up. Now your information is right back where you left it.
- Step 2: Right-click your iPhone under Devices in iTunes. Now choose Back Up -- you must have your phone synced to complete this step. Now wait for iTunes to do all the hard work.
- TIP: If you do not have iTunes software already installed on your computer, download it for free at apple.com/itunes.
- Step 3: Plug your iPhone into your computer using the USB cable. iTunes should automatically open and recognize your device -- you can either choose to have your iPhone sync automatically or set it to Manual.