Follow these simple steps to learn the Macarena, and you'll soon be the life of the party.
- TIP: Add some extra swing by moving your hips left and right while doing these movements.
- Step 1: Move your right hand to your right hip and your left hand to your left hip.
- Step 2: Swing your hips for three beats in time with the music. Turn to the right, and repeat all the moves until the music stops.
- FACT: The Macarena was inspired by the moves of a flamenco dancer at a party in Venezuela in 1992.
- Step 3: Put your right hand on your left hip, and follow with your left hand on your right hip. Again, your arms cross in front of you.
- Step 4: Move your right hand behind your head; then put your left hand behind your head.
- Step 5: Flip your right palm over to that it faces up. Then turn your left palm up.
- TIP: The Macarena is a dance with 16 basic movements. Each should be performed in time with the beat of the music.
- Step 6: Touch your left shoulder with your right hand; then touch your right shoulder with your left hand. Your arms will cross in front of you.
- Step 7: Stretch your right arm out with palm down. Then follow with your left arm.