Are the nutcases in your life driving you bonkers? Save yourself with these strategies.
- Step 1: Break out the chocolate, as long as it has a cocoa content of 70 percent or higher. Research shows that eating dark chocolate may lower stress hormone levels. And if that doesn't work? Well, at least you'll be eating chocolate.
- FACT: A national survey found 58 percent of non-cat owners consider multiple-cat owners to be "crazy" cat people.
- Step 2: See if you can out-crazy them. Do whatever they're doing, only more so.
- Step 3: Try using diversionary tactics to deal with them --like divulging a juicy piece of gossip or redirecting their mania. Throw someone under the bus if you have to.
- TIP: While they're going nuts, surreptitiously remove any breakable objects and items that could be used as weapons.
- Step 4: Got sucked in to the insanity? Start agreeing with whatever dang fool thing they're saying. But be careful not too sound patronizing; even lunatics know when they're being humored.
- Step 5: Don't engage anyone who's acting crazy – you'll probably just rile them up further. Let them act all looney tunes until they wear themselves out. Then you can try to deal with them.