A baptism is an important day in a child's life. Make it a memorable event by decorating cookies for the celebration that your guests are sure to love.
- Step 1: Accent the cookies with a beaded or star border. You can also embellish them with beautiful icing flowers.
- Step 2: Sprinkle a little clear edible glitter or sanding sugar on the cookies to give a sparkling effect. Keep them simple yet elegant to honor the newly baptized child.
- FACT: The official state cookie of Massachusetts is the chocolate chip cookie.
- Step 3: Pipe a picture of a cross using the icing if you are using a round cookie. You can also write "God Bless" or the baby's name and baptism date with a No. 2 tip.
- TIP: Get creative -- add food coloring to the icing to make a selection of colors.
- Step 4: Fill pastry bag with royal icing. If you want to enhance the flavor of the royal icing, add vanilla, almond, or lemon extract.
- Step 5: Outline the cookies and fill them with white royal icing.
- Step 6: Make sugar cookies in a variety of shapes, such as a cross, an angel, or a Bible.