Whether your senior is graduating from high school or college this June, celebrate your student's big day and prove your pride by making these fun and tasty treats.
- Step 1: Fill the pastry bag with the second color of frosting and use a small tip to draw a border around the hat and create the tassel. Just don't throw these hats in the air to celebrate!
- FACT: "Pomp and Circumstance," composed by Sir Edward Elgar in 1901, first became associated with graduations in 1905, when Elgar received an honorary doctorate from Yale University.
- TIP: For best results, let dry 6 hours or overnight.
- Step 2: Frost the cookies using the offset spatula or butter knife. Let the cookies dry completely.
- Step 3: Place the cookies on a cookie sheet and bake as directed or until golden brown. Let the cookies cool completely.
- Step 4: Divide the royal icing and add the food coloring in one school color to about one-quarter of the icing for piping. Use the other school color on the rest of the icing for frosting the cookies.
- Step 5: Roll out the sugar cookie dough with the rolling pin and press the cookie cutter into the dough to form the cookies.