Serve cookies at a princess party that are fit for a queen.
- Step 1: Fill the pastry bag with a different color icing and use a fine tip to pipe a border around the cookies. Add decorative details, such as flowers, rosettes, dots, or a checkerboard pattern.
- Step 2: Put on a sparkling final touch using crystal sugar or edible glitter on freshly iced cookies for a bit of princess glamour. Your cookies will be just as sweet as your little princess.
- FACT: Disney's first animated princess was the title character in _Snow White,_ the company's first full-length animated film, which debuted in 1937.
- Step 3: Frost the cookies with your choice of color, using the offset spatula or butter knife, and allow the icing to dry completely.
- TIP: Add a few drops of red to get pink icing.
- Step 4: Roll out the sugar cookie dough with the rolling pin. Use the cookie cutters to press into the dough and form individual cookies.
- Step 5: Transfer to a cookie sheet and bake the cookies as directed. Let the cookies cool completely.
- Step 6: Divide the icing into thirds and use a different shade of food coloring for each.
- Step 7: Look for cookie cutters in fairy tale princess-themed shapes, such as a slipper, a tiara, a magic wand, a castle, or a frog.