The first day of school is an exciting day for kids, parents, teachers, and the principal. Decorate your room with uplifting and engaging decorations and get your students excited about learning.
- Step 1: Hang decorations from the ceiling showcasing your classroom theme.
- Step 2: Decorate your teacher's desk. Accessorize with fabric, photos, a plant, a box of tissues, and a tray to collect homework.
- FACT: The first box of Crayola crayons was sold for 5 cents in 1903 and included a red, orange, yellow, blue, green, violet, brown, and black crayon.
- Step 3: Hang a dry erase calendar board on the wall announcing birthdays, activities, and upcoming events.
- Step 4: Create a reading corner showcasing a creative theme.
- Step 5: Plan how you are going to use the bulletin board and decorate accordingly. Leave space to show off the future work of your kids.
- Step 6: Decorate the desks with personal name tags.
- TIP: Laminate the name tags so they will last the whole school year.
- Step 7: Create an inviting and warm atmosphere for your students by decorating the door with welcoming messages for your new students.