Think it's too much work to social network? Might be time to delete your Facebook account.
- Step 1: If you feel you've made a mistake, login to Facebook within 14 days to restore your account; otherwise, sit back and kiss your online social network goodbye.
- Step 2: To deactivate your account, go to "Account Settings" and click "deactivate." Your profile is immediately made inaccessible to other Facebook users, but your information is saved. If you decide to reactivate your Facebook account in the future, it will still be there.
- FACT: As of 2010, Facebook had more than 400 million active users.
- Step 3: Enter your password and the code provided; then, click Okay, and your account will be deleted.
- Step 4: On the "Delete My Account" screen, click Submit.
- TIP: E-mail requests may take a few days to process.
- Step 5: Alternatively, login to your Facebook account. Then, go to "facebook.com/help/contact.php?show_form=delete_account":https://ssl.facebook.com/help/contact.php?show_form=delete_account.
- Step 6: E-mail your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and await a reply confirming Facebook has deleted your account.