It's time to show off your sensitive side with some hot emo makeup to match your musical taste and rock-star hair.
- TIP: Applying a thin layer of mascara to the bottom lashes will keep your look current.
- Step 1: Apply a thick coat of mascara to your upper lashes, starting at the bottom as close to the lid as possible, working your way up to the tips of the lashes. Tap your bottom lashes with the mascara to define them.
- Step 2: Set your makeup with a thin layer of matte powder using a brush or makeup sponge.
- Step 3: Put a layer of lip balm on your lips for a moisturized, but not overly glossy, pucker.
- FACT: Kohl eyeliner used in ancient Egypt was made with galena, the most common ore of lead.
- Step 4: Line your lower lids with an eyeliner pencil, just below the lash lines from the inside corners to the outside corners. Smudge the lines slightly with a makeup sponge.
- Step 5: Line your upper lids with liquid eyeliner, starting at the inside corners of your eyes and extending outward and upward, just past the outer corners of your eyes.
- Step 6: Apply dark eye shadow to your eyelids with a standard eye shadow brush. Shade from the lash lines up to the creases and darken the inner and outer portions of your eyelids.
- TIP: Rub the brush on your wrist before applying the shadow to your lids to work the shadow into the brush and to keep the shadow from dusting your cheeks when applied
- Step 7: Apply light, shimmery shadow, starting at the crease and working upward toward your brow line, using a blending brush. Highlight the area just under your eyebrows with a little extra shimmer.
- TIP: If you only have a standard eyebrow brush, you can use your fingertips and cotton swabs to achieve the same look.
- Step 8: Dab foundation onto a makeup sponge and apply it evenly to your entire face, including your eyelids.