Perfecting the technique may take a little time, but soon you will be looking like you have had your eye makeup professionally done every day with minimal effort.
- Step 1: Add a highlight. Press the white pencil in the inner corner of your, and draw a line on the rim of your bottom eyelid. Highlight the brow bone, just beneath the eyebrow, with a bit of white eye shadow, applied with a thin makeup brush.
- Step 2: Finish your movie star look by brushing through your upper eyelashes, removing any clumps. Add a light coat of mascara on your lower lashes and you are ready to go.
- FACT: Estee Lauder founded her own line of beauty products in 1946. She began with four products, selling them to hotels and beauty salons.
- Step 3: Draw a thin line of eyeliner from the inner corner to the outer corner of your eye along the top lash line. Take a second pass to the thicken the line. Then, line the bottom eyelid.
- TIP: Applying mascara before applying eyeliner gives the eyeliner something to bind to.
- TIP: Keeping your eyes moisturized will help prevent eye shadow from settling in the creases and aging your eyes.
- Step 4: Curl your lashes with an eyelash curler. Start at the base of your lashes and move up, covering about 3/4 of your total lash. Stop about 1/4 of the length away from the ends.
- Step 5: Hold the mascara brush horizontally. Start at the base of your upper lash and apply mascara to the whole lash, rotating the bush and gently moving it from side to side to distribute the makeup. Let it dry for 5 minutes and then repeat with a second coat. Apply mascara to the tops of your lashes for a thicker look.
- Step 6: Prepare your eyelids for eye shadow by applying moisturizer followed with a light layer of foundation. Choose a neutral matte eye shadow, and apply from the lash line to the crease using an eye shadow brush.