You don't need to hire a professional makeup artist to look amazing. Just follow these instructions to do makeup like a pro.
- TIP: Keep your eyes open while applying shadow in the crease for a more natural look.
- Step 1: Apply highlighter under your brow bone and in the inner corners of your eyes. Apply eyeliner or a dark eye shadow to the top or bottom lash lines, never both; smudge it for a smoky look. Finish with a coat or two of mascara, curling your eyelashes with an eyelash curler beforehand if you like.
- Step 2: The last part of doing makeup like a pro is applying your lip color. For long-lasting color, outline your lips with a liner; use it to fill in your lips; and then apply lipstick in a matching shade.
- FACT: 42 percent of women polled would pick putting on their makeup over eating breakfast if time didn't allow for both.
- Step 3: Brush a neutral shadow on your entire eyelid and apply a darker, complementary shade to the your lid crease and at the outer corners of your eyes, blending well.
- TIP: Brush a little blush on the areas of your face that the light would naturally hit: your forehead, chin, and nose.
- Step 4: Put on foundation, matching your own complexion as closely as possible; the makeup should disappear into your face, not sit on top of it. Apply it from the nose outward, blending well so there are no telltale lines at your jawline.
- TIP: If you're using liquid foundation, apply it with a foundation brush for sheerer coverage.
- Step 5: Lightly apply concealer with a brush to problem areas like under-eye circles, the area around the nostrils, blemishes, and age spots. Like foundation, concealer should match your skin tone.
- Step 6: Set everything with loose powder using a big brush, starting at the forehead and working downward in circular motions. Then apply blush to the apples of your cheeks, brushing upward and back toward your hairline.
- Step 7: Apply primer to a clean face. It absorbs facial oils, which would otherwise break down your foundation and lead to greasy skin.