There are many tricks using a centavo coin. This trick will make the centavo coin disappear.
- Step 1: Wave your hand over the volunteer’s hand.
- Step 2: Tell the volunteer to remove the smallest coin from their hand without looking.
- Step 3: Watch your amazed audience when the volunteer feels in his hand but only finds a half dollar.
- FACT: Sometime between 1864 and 1873, the U.S. Mint produced the first coin with the motto "In God We Trust." It was worth two cents.
- Step 4: Slowly remove your fingers and show the audience your hands are empty.
- TIP: The gimmick half dollar will lock into place over the gimmick centavo to make one coin when you press down.
- TIP: Do not show the back of the half dollar or the centavo. The half dollar is a gimmick coin with a hollow back and the centavo is a gimmick coin with two sides – a centavo head and a half dollar tail.
- Step 5: Ask the volunteer to hold out their hand, palm up. Place the centavo in their hand and then the half dollar on top.
- TIP: Do this quickly so they do not get a good look at the coins.
- Step 6: Keep your fingers on the coins, pressing down, while telling the volunteer to make a fist and squeeze.
- Step 7: Show the audience a half dollar and a Mexican centavo.