Demonstrate the secret, hidden powers of nicotine that few people know of.
- Step 1: Pull the cigarette slowly back out. Palm the trick coin and pass the palmed real quarter to the fingers of your other hand to show your spectators.
- FACT: About 62 million Americans, or 29 percent of the population, are cigarette smokers.
- Step 2: Push the cigarette into the middle of the gimmick quarter, and the quarter's back flap will open, allowing the cigarette to penetrate the coin. Keep the hand holding the coin cupped so the flap is not seen by the spectator.
- TIP: You can use a rolled-up dollar bill instead of a cigarette to push through the coin.
- Step 3: Position the trick quarter between the thumb and first two fingers of one hand with the back of the coin facing your palm. Turn the quarter around to show your audience what appears to be a normal quarter.
- Step 4: Explain that nicotine is such a powerful substance that it can literally penetrate metal, such as the copper found in a quarter.
- Step 5: Palm a regular quarter in the hand holding the cigarette before beginning the trick.