Watch your money deflate with this sneaky coin trick.
- Step 1: Open your hand to reveal only three coins, adding up to thirty-one cents. The dime is gone!
- Step 2: Ask the audience again how much money is in your hand.
- Step 3: Show the audience both sides of all the coins. Watch their amazement at the disappeared dime.
- FACT: The first president to be featured on a circulating coin was Abraham Lincoln, whose image has been imprinted on the penny since 1909.
- Step 4: Close your right hand and wave your left hand over it. Say the magic word, “abracadabra.”
- TIP: Lift the coins with your thumb, the undersides toward you. The penny shell will lock on top of the trick dime.
- TIP: The trick dime has the tails side of a dime on one side and the tails side of a penny on the other. It fits into the trick penny shell.
- Step 5: Ask the audience how much money is on the table. They should answer forty-one cents.
- Step 6: Show both sides of your hands to the audience.
- Step 7: Pick up the coins from left to right, beginning with the dime, and place them on top of each other in your right, cupped palm.
- Step 8: Place the coins on a table, arranged from left to right, beginning with the trick dime, then the fake trick shell, the real nickel, and the real quarter.