A nearly effortless illusion in which a coin vanishes in your hand and materializes seconds later inside a coin purse.
- Step 1: Open your hand to reveal the single half-dollar. Show the front and back of the coin.
- Step 2: Make the coin magically reappear in the purse by waving your hand over it and uttering another incantation Open the purse to show the half-dollar inside.
- FACT: Queen Isabella of Spain was the first woman to be featured on a U.S. commemorative coin in 1893.
- Step 3: Wave your right hand over your closed left hand and utter an incantation.
- Step 4: Slide the shell over the half-dollar with your right thumb and press it over the half, locking it in place and forming a single coin.
- TIP: Don't let the audience see the other half-dollar coin in the coin purse.
- Step 5: Hold the coins facing the audience in the fingers and thumb of your right hand, the shell coin on top of and slightly overlapping the real coin.
- Step 6: Place the coins in your left palm, keeping the shell coin on top of the real coin. Tell the audience that you will make one of the coins disappear.
- Step 7: Put all of the coins inside the coin purse to begin. Then take out the shell coin and one of the half-dollar coins, explaining that you have an amazing trick to perform with two coins.