To dance the robot you have to pretend to be a robot. It sounds simple and it can be; just follow these steps.
- Step 1: Keeping your arms stiffly in front of you, bend at the waist as low as you can by folding at your torso.
- Step 2: Bring your upper body back up and your arms back in front of you, moving the rest of your body after a beat.
- Step 3: Walk by taking quick, jerky steps forward. Your body should be rigid. Bend your arms and add side-to-side turns of your head to compete your robot.
- FACT: Did you know? The robot dance was inspired by robots in 1960s shows like Lost in Space.
- Step 4: Let the rest of your body follow your arms to the right.
- Step 5: Move only your arms to the right but keep the rest of your body straight ahead.
- TIP: Make sure you give yourself enough space to move so you don't bump into anything.
- Step 6: Place your arms close to your body and bend them at the elbows so your forearms are in front of you.
- TIP: Stay focused on the music so you're moving to the beat.
- Step 7: Find music that has a strong, rhythmic beat. Feel the beat of the music to begin.