The sleeper yo-yo trick is easy to learn and is a building block for more advanced yo-yo tricks.
- Step 1: Tug the string as the yo-yo’s spin slows, allowing it to return to your hand.
- FACT: Did you know? On July 27, 2008, Englishman Aaron Sparks set a Guinness World Record for the most hop-the-fence yo-yo tricks in one minute.
- Step 2: Keep your hand firm as the yo-yo reaches the end of the string. Let the yo-yo spin at the end of the string without returning to your hand.
- Step 3: Flick your wrist and throw the yo-yo straight toward the ground.
- Step 4: Hold the yo-yo in the palm of your hand, between your thumb and middle finger. Your palm is facing up.
- TIP: The string should go from your finger over the top of the yo-yo.
- Step 5: Place the loop of the yo-yo string on the middle finger of your favored hand.