Use a couple of gimmick cards, and you'll have them scratching their heads every time.
- Step 1: Hold the bottom corner of the card to cover the gimmick while you flip the card over, so that your are showing a three of clubs.
- Step 2: Ask the spectator where they think the ace is.
- TIP: Flip the cards back over quickly once you show them.
- Step 3: Watch their amazement as the ace magically switches places again and again.
- FACT: In 1931, the Nevada Legislature legalized gambling.
- Step 4: Rearrange the cards slowly so they can follow their card. Do this a few times.
- TIP: The spectator will think you laid down the ace first. This card is the one they will follow.
- TIP: When you show the spectator the cards, they should only see the top-right corner of the three of clubs and the ace of hearts.
- Step 5: Hold the cards faceup in one hand, showing the three-of-clubs card with the red ace corner on the bottom, followed by the other gimmick card. The normal two of clubs is on the top.
- Step 6: Tell the spectator you want them to follow the red ace.
- Step 7: Flip the three-of-clubs card with the red ace corner toward you, and lay it on the table. Then flip the other gimmick card, followed by the two of clubs.
- Step 8: Learn the gimmick cards. The three of clubs has a red ace in the top right corner, the ace of hearts has a three of clubs in the top right corner, and the two of clubs looks like a normal card.