Want your blog to reach the masses? Drive traffic to your online content with these tips.
- TIP: Many sites that host blogs publish free RSS feeds automatically.
- Step 1: Consider new ways to increase your online presence, such as a podcast or guest posts from other well-known bloggers so you can use turn their readers into traffic for your blog.
- FACT: China's most popular blogger as of 2010 is also a race-car driver.
- Step 2: Set up an RSS feed for your blog, so people can subscribe to your posts and receive regular updates from web aggregators when you upload new content. Place a link to your feed on your blog, encouraging visitors to join your loyal readership.
- Step 3: Use search-engine optimization to boost your blog's presence in organic search results, which search engines bring up based on user queries. Online analytic tools can help you find trending topics and keywords to include in your blog's copy.
- Step 4: Allow readers to comment on your posts, and ask questions in posts or with polls; then, answer their questions and respond to their feedback, so your visitors feel like they're part of a community.
- TIP: Offer contests for visitors to generate excitement and drive traffic to your blog.
- Step 5: Use social networks to further expand your community of readers. Encourage followers to share your content with their networks -- they'll drive traffic to your blog for you.
- Step 6: Create a blog focused on a specific theme to drive traffic from a dedicated audience. Present content clearly and concisely, keep an eye on grammar and spelling, and provide accurate information, insightful commentary, or a unique viewpoint on to keep readers coming back.