Get the energy you need to cheer on your favorite team from these healthier choices and everyone will be a winner.
- Step 1: Skip the popcorn, which can be one of the worst choices. A large tub can have as many as 1,500 calories and loads of fat. Get a soft pretzel with mustard instead, which is about 500 calories.
- Step 2: Have a beer, but make it a light beer. At around 180 calories for a 20-ounce draft, you'll save about 60 calories over regular beer. Now you can cheer your team on without the guilt!
- FACT: The West Michigan Whitecaps ballpark created the Fifth Third Burger, featuring five beef patties, each weighing 1/3 of a pound, and containing a whopping 4,800 calories.
- TIP: Don't buy the peanuts. With 840 calories in an 8-ounce bag, they're more calories than they're worth.
- Step 3: Go ahead -- buy yourself some Cracker Jack. It's a better choice than many other ballpark snacks, with 240 calories, 4 grams of protein and 2 grams of fiber per cup.
- Step 4: Opt for a regular-sized hot dog with mustard, one of the best choices you can make at around 300 calories. Just say no to the foot-long, though, which comes in at around 600 calories, not including toppings.
- Step 5: Choose the chicken sandwich over the hamburger or chicken tenders. A 6-ounce grilled chicken sandwich is only about 280 calories, compared with 490 in the hamburger and 450 in the chicken tenders, not including the dipping sauce.
- Step 6: Eat something before going to the game. That way, you'll be less tempted by all the high-calorie treats. And bring a few healthy snacks, like granola bars, fruit, or protein bars to reduce cravings.