Get the latest and greatest feature for your Nexus One -- multitouch, enabling zoom and more.
- Step 1: Wait for your phone to reboot. You will see a screen with a robot and an exclamation point inside a triangle.
- Step 2: Select Recovery from the following screen. It will begin the reboot process.
- Step 3: Press the Power button and Volume Up button simultaneously. Try again if you don't get it right the first time.
- Step 4: Choose Apply sdcard:update.zip using the trackball and wait for the phone to work its magic.
- FACT: Transparent surface touchscreen technology was first developed in 1974 by Dr. G.S. "Sam" Hurst, founder of Elographics, Inc.
- Step 5: Reset your phone if the multitouch function doesn't work the first few times. Check out the finger-pinch zoom and view websites up close and personal.
- TIP: A white screen with three robots will appear immediately after turning your phone on. If this doesn't happen, turn off your phone and try again.
- Step 6: Select Bootloader from the white screen that appears after your phone turns on.
- TIP: You can also try Dolphin Browser or Dolphin Browser HD. Both have the multitouch built in and are a quick download away.
- Step 7: Download the official Google multitouch update.
- Step 8: Rename the downloaded file to "download.zip." For Windows users, name the file "download," because the file is already zipped.
- Step 9: Copy the file to your microSD card to save it.
- Step 10: Turn off your phone and hold down the track ball while you press the Power button to turn it on again.
- : Making changes to your phone may void the warranty. If your phone becomes unusable due to changes you made, replacement service may not be available.