Making an image larger without sacrificing detail is tricky. Follow these steps to increase your picture size without creating a blur.
- Step 1: Upload the image to your computer and open it in Adobe Photoshop.
- Step 2: Select Image from the main tool bar, and then select Image Size. Uncheck the Resample Image box and change the resolution to 300 pixels per inch. Then click OK.
- TIP: A resolution of 300 pixels per inch is high enough for printing a quality picture.
- Step 3: Click Image, and then Image Size again. Recheck the Resample Image box. Change the box next to the width to percent. Type 110 in the width box and then click OK. The window will close.
- TIP: Check the Constrain Proportions box so the image height will automatically increase 10 percent as well.
- Step 4: Reopen the Image Size window. Continue increasing the size by 10 percent until you achieve your desired size.
- Step 5: Save your work using the Save As command and rename the image. Compare the quality of the original image to the new, larger image before printing.
- FACT: John Warnock and Charles Geshke founded Adobe in 1982. Adobe revolutionized desktop publishing with their software programs Photoshop, In-Design, and Illustrator.