Barbie is a well-known fashionista. Add to her impeccable wardrobe by searching both run-of-the-mill and uncommon places for new and vintage clothes.
- Step 1: Download or buy ready-made patterns and sew your own Barbie wardrobe. You’ll need to be proficient with a sewing machine to complete her itty-bitty dresses.
- Step 2: Design your own subdued or over-the-top fashions. Barbie is a woman of many moods - she’ll need clothes to suit her every whim and occasion.
- FACT: Barbie didn’t have a belly button until 2000, some 41 years after her inception.
- TIP: Consult collector’s catalogs to verify the authenticity of vintage Barbie clothes. Collectible clothes and accessories increase the value of your collection.
- Step 3: Search local garage sales, yard sales, and thrift stores for new or vintage duds. Check the items carefully to make sure the items are devoid of rips and stains.
- Step 4: Check out the internet for pre-owned and new Barbie clothes. You can bid for items on auction sites or find them on classified ad sites.
- TIP: Specialized dealers and collectors offer a plethora of Barbie fashions for sale on their web sites.
- Step 5: Shop at big-box retail or specialized toy stores. They carry the latest Barbie fashions, which never seem to go out of style.