Recycling is in and there are many great uses for old film canisters. Be green and check out these helpful ideas.
- Step 1: Store your spare change in a film canister. It's an organized way to store coins for parking meters, tollbooths, or vending machines.
- Step 2: Place your child’s lost tooth in a canister before they place it under their pillow. During the night, swap the tooth for the change in your other film canister.
- FACT: During the 2008 Olympics, beach volleyball gold medalist Misty May-Treanor sprinkled her mother's ashes onto the sand from a film canister she used to carry the remains.
- Step 3: Make an emergency first aid kit with a band-aid, alcohol wipe, cotton ball, and aspirin.
- Step 4: Make a stamp dispenser by cutting a slit into the side with a craft knife and threading a roll of stamps through the slit.
- Step 5: Turn your canister into an emergency sewing kit with a needle, thread, and button inside. Keeping it in your glove compartment or purse.
- TIP: For your next outdoor adventure, fill a film canister with suntan lotion instead of bringing the whole bottle.
- Step 6: Place your jewelry in a film canister while you get a massage or during your workout. It will help you avoid misplacing your favorite pair of earrings.
- Step 7: Place some rice, buttons or beads inside an old film canister and enjoy watching your cat entertain itself with its new homemade toy.