Let your child express their artistic side by using their fingers as brushes with safe, non-toxic homemade paint.
- Step 1: Tell your child to grab different colors of paint and smear it over the paper.
- Step 2: Allow the artwork to dry and display it around your home. Refrigerator doors always make a good display space.
- FACT: The skin on the palm side of the hand has no hair, has fingerprints, and does not have the capability to tan.
- TIP: Play in the paint with your child, and feel it ooze between your fingers.
- Step 3: Let them dip their fingers into the colored paint and draw onto the paper with their paint-covered fingers.
- Step 4: Have your child mix two cups white flour with two cups water in the large bowl.
- Step 5: Divide the mixture into smaller bowls and mix in different colors of food coloring in each bowl.
- Step 6: Put down a heavy piece of paper over old newspaper for your child to paint on.
- Step 7: Dress your child in old clothes or cover them in a smock or apron.