Careening shopping carts, flying pebbles, and vengeful exes can all leave their mark. Here’s how to undo the damage.
- Step 1: Sand the primer with 600-grit sandpaper.
- Step 2: Prime the area with spray primer. Apply six coats of primer, letting the primer dry between coats.
- Step 3: Apply matching auto paint.
- Step 4: Lightly sand the paint with the 1500-grit sandpaper, then buff the paint to bring up the shine.
- FACT: In 2002, there was roughly one car for every 11 people in the world.
- Step 5: Sand the putty down until the entire surface is smooth. Start with a 36-grit sandpaper and work your way down to a 120-grit sandpaper.
- Step 6: Fill the entire area with body putty.
- Step 7: Drill into the center of the dent with the 1/8” drill.
- Step 8: Pull the dent out using the dent-pulling tool.
- Step 9: Place the dolly – a surface for pounding dents – on the rear of the dent and use the dent hammer to smooth out the dent.
- Step 10: Use 36 grit-sandpaper to remove the paint from the dent and one inch of the surrounding area.
- Step 11: Remove whatever interior panels or components are necessary to get to the front and back of the dent.