If you have been asked to be the head bridesmaid, learn your responsibilities and take them seriously. The bride will depend on you to be her go-to gal.
- TIP: Your toast will usually follow the best man's.
- Step 1: Take responsibility for the bride's gown for the entire day. Adjust her train and veil before she walks down the aisle, bustle the train for dancing at the reception, and offer to store the gown while she is on her honeymoon.
- FACT: According to a 2008 poll, 61 percent of women said it's OK to have a male maid of honor or a female best man.
- Step 2: Give a toast to the couple at the reception. Make sure it's thoughtful, sincere, and from the heart.
- Step 3: Sign the marriage license after the ceremony as a witness.
- Step 4: Corral the other bridesmaids. Make sure they know when to arrive at events, their responsibilities while in attendance, and when and where to order their wedding attire.
- Step 5: Keep the groom's ring the day of the ceremony. Find a safe place where you won't lose it or forget where it is.
- TIP: Offer to hold the bride's ring.
- Step 6: Answer to the bride. Offer your time, opinion, and advice throughout the planning stages of the ceremony, reception, and honeymoon.