Get a fit body for life by incorporating these simple lifestyle changes.
- TIP: Standing on one foot and sitting up and down without using your hands are great balancing exercises.
- Step 1: Drink plenty of water during and after a workout, and eat a meal that contains carbohydrates and protein within two hours of your workout to help your muscles recover.
- Step 2: Eat a diet rich in vegetables, fruits, and whole grains. Avoid foods high in saturated fat, cholesterol, and processed food. Stay healthy, happy, and feeling good by living a healthy lifestyle. It's never too late to get a fit body for life.
- FACT: The average man carries 43.2 pounds of fat.
- Step 3: Perform balancing exercises. Balancing exercises can improve your coordination, prevent falls, and promote independence in older adults.
- Step 4: Keep your muscles in shape by adding strength training to your fitness routine. It will keep you fit now, and prevent other injuries from occurring, especially when you get older. If your hip and leg muscles are not strong, you are more likely to fall and sustain a broken hip or other serious injury.
- Step 5: Start by getting 30 minutes of physical activity a day, 7 seven days a week. Go for a walk, swim, ride a bike, dance, or work in the garden. Find activities you enjoy and that will keep you active.
- TIP: Physical activity will make you feel better, keep you independent, and prevent or delay cancer, diabetes, and heart disease.
- Step 6: Stretch regularly. Stretching increases flexibility, relaxes muscles, relieves stress, helps keep you agile, and can speed recovery in muscle injuries.
- : Always consult a physician before attempting to do any exercise or exercise plan.