To compensate for antenna issues with the iPhone 4, Apple is giving out free cases, including Bumper cases. Here's how to get yours.
- Step 1: Enter the address where you want Apple to send your iPhone 4 case.
- Step 2: Tap the "Place Order" button to finalize your request -- you should get your free iPhone 4 case within 3 to 5 weeks.
- FACT: The iPhone 4's weak antenna spot is the thin black strip in the lower left corner of its metal band.
- TIP: Be advised: the Bumpers only come in black.
- Step 3: Select which case you want -- Apple offers a range of choices, including Bumpers as well as cases from other manufacturers.
- Step 4: Launch the app. When it loads, tap, "Get Started" to sign in using your iTunes Store account or your Apple ID and bring up a list of available cases.
- TIP: For iPhone 4 purchases made before July 23, 2010, you must apply no later than August 22, 2010; otherwise, you must apply within 30 days of your iPhone 4 purchase. To qualify for this program, you must purchase your iPhone 4 by September 30, 2010.
- Step 5: Open the App Store on your iPhone 4. Search for the iPhone 4 Case Program app and download it to your phone.