Many men share common health concerns but aren't sure where to get answers to their questions. Use these guidelines to get your questions answered.
- Step 1: Know that the average length of a flaccid male penis is 5 inches when stretched. Nevertheless, many average size men feel under-endowed.
- Step 2: Review the that statistics show that married couples between the ages of 18 and 29 tend to have sex twice a week, couples between 30 and 39 have it about 7 times a month, and couples between 50 and 59 have it less than 6 times a month.
- FACT: A 2006 study conducted at the University of Michigan found that the fact that female life expectancy is longer than that of males could be due to the propensity of young males to engage in risky and daredevil behavior.
- Step 3: Be aware that male infertility is usually responsible for 40 percent of infertility cases. If you are having problems producing sperm, there may be treatments available.
- TIP: Drinking alcohol in moderation may reduce your risk of having a heart attack. But if you don't drink, don't start just for that reason -- the health benefits are modest.
- Step 4: Realize that having to get up at night to urinate is a normal symptom of aging in men. It could be due to benign prostatic hyperplasia, which usually only requires treatment if the symptoms become bothersome. On the other hand, it could be due to something more serious, so have it checked by a doctor.
- Step 5: Know that just because members of your family have had heart attacks, you may not. Genes do play a role, but so do diet, fitness level, stress level, and general health. You can still start an exercise program even if you haven't exercised in years. Just remember to start slowly and consult a doctor to make sure your body doesn't have any restrictions.
- Step 6: Know that taking over-the-counter or prescription medications may help if you are losing your hair. Be aware that both work slowly, and in some cases, they do not work at all.