If you've ever considered this procedure, here are a few tips to think about before having it done.
- Step 1: Schedule an appointment with your chosen technician and get plenty of rest the day before.
- Step 2: Use cool compresses and antihistamines for any swollen or uncomfortable areas after your procedure.
- Step 3: Follow all aftercare procedures suggested by the technician and plan to stay home for a couple of days to recuperate.
- FACT: Did you know? A 5,300-year old Tyrolean iceman mummy was found to have tattoos made using fireplace soot.
- Step 4: Schedule a consultation with the technician. Ask to see a portfolio of work they have done and ask for references.
- TIP: Not all states require that permanent makeup technicians be licensed. Ask the technician about their training and qualifications prior to having any procedures done.
- Step 5: Determine the services you want to have done and make a list. This can include eyebrows, eyeliner, lip color, and scar camouflaging.
- Step 6: Choose a palette of colors that you think are appropriate for each procedure and that will enhance your skin tone. Consult a color wheel if you're unsure.
- Step 7: Set a reasonable budget for your makeup. Research average costs of each procedure.
- : As with all tattoos, there are health risks associated with permanent makeup. Be sure to thoroughly research all risks before proceeding.