Try a bold new look by transforming yourself into a stunning platinum blond.
- TIP: A slight burning or tingling is normal, but if the pain becomes severe, rinse immediately and see a hair care professional.
- Step 1: Wash your hair with a neutralizing shampoo and apply a protein boost conditioner to care for and maintain your new color.
- Step 2: Wait at least 24 hours before deciding on another treatment to allow the bleach to process and to give your hair time to recover. Now enjoy your new, platinum look.
- FACT: Only about 4 percent of the 6.4 billion people on Earth have natural red hair, making it the rarest hair color.
- Step 3: Wrap your hair loosely in plastic or cover it with a shower cap. Set the timer according to the package directions.
- Step 4: Have a helper apply the bleach as uniformly and evenly as possible from the tips to the roots using rubber gloves and a soft brush.
- Step 5: Treat your hair in a well-ventilated room with access to a sink. Have several old towels on hand to keep the bleach from staining your clothes.
- Step 6: Follow the package directions to mix the bleaching powder and developer in a small plastic bowl. You may need to mix 2 or 3 batches if you have longer hair.
- TIP: Metal bowls and utensils could cause a chemical reaction and ruin either the mixture or, worse, your hair.
- Step 7: Protect your skin, and test small sections of your hair before applying the mixture to all of your hair.
- : Consider visiting a professional colorist. The perfect platinum look is very difficult to achieve at home.