Colleague driving you nuts? Put them in their place with one or more of these pranks.
- Step 1: Play a high-tech prank, especially if your annoying coworker is low-tech. When they leave their desk, adjust the brightness all the way down and the contrast all the way up on their computer. They won’t be able to figure out what’s wrong.
- Step 2: Ignore them. Sometimes, the best way to get revenge on an annoying coworker is to act like they don't exist at all.
- FACT: According to one survey, the 5 most annoying coworkers are "slackers" and "kiss-ups," followed by "gossip hounds," "loud talkers," and "hypochondriacs."
- Step 3: Remove papers from their desk -- nothing that would torpedo a project, but just enough to make them waste time looking for or replicating pages.
- Step 4: Call attention to any slacking by loudly commenting on it whenever the boss is in earshot.
- TIP: This is especially effective with a coworker who is neurotic.
- Step 5: Bring a tube of hemorrhoid cream to the office. Make a big spectacle of returning it your annoying coworker who supposedly left it in the bathroom.
- Step 6: Make them paranoid by asking them why "everyone" is mad at them.