Half the fun of building muscles is showing them off. These steps can get you on the path to a body you'll be proud to display.
- Step 1: Develop your forearms by adjusting the bar to just above arms' length off the ground and looping two towels, spaced shoulder-width apart, over it. Lie flat on your back underneath the bar, grab the towels, pull yourself toward the bar, and lower yourself down, keeping your back straight.
- Step 2: To build biceps and shoulders, do chin-ups on an adjustable bar positioned so your feet hang off the ground.
- Step 3: Use squats to tighten your glutes. Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, and rest the weight-lifting bar behind your neck against your trapezius muscles. Bending your knees, lower yourself as far as you can, keeping a slight arch in your lower back. Pause, press your heels into the floor, and push back up. Do three sets of six to 10 repetitions.
- Step 4: Stay focused on your goal. Stick to your regimen for 90 days, and you'll see real results!
- FACT: Polish competitor Mariusz Pudzianowski won the title of World's Strongest Man five times between 2002 and 2008.
- TIP: Incorporate a medicine ball into your crunch workout to isolate your stomach muscles even more.
- Step 5: Perform various crunches, such as those that involve turning to your side. Lie on your back with your knees bent, feet on the floor, and hands behind your head. Curl up so your shoulder blades are off the floor. Bend left at the waist, straighten, bend right, and then lower your shoulder blades to the floor. Try three sets of eight on each side.
- Step 6: Examine your eating habits; improving your diet is the fastest way to lose the fat covering your muscles. Focus on protein-packed super foods such as eggs, almonds, salmon, yogurt, and lean beef, and eat five to six small meals each day to maintain your energy level.
- Step 7: Cut down on carbs, but don't cut them out completely – you need energy for workouts. Replace processed carbs, like white bread, white rice, and most desserts, with smaller quantities of whole grains and bran, which provide long-lasting energy.
- Step 8: Rely on push-ups to build your chest. First, work up to doing a set of 20 regular push-ups. Then, try a variety of hand positions: palms wider than shoulder-width apart, in a diamond shape, and on top of one another. Do each style in sets of three, two to three days per week. Aim for 10 to 15 reps per set, resting one to two minutes between sets.
- TIP: Further develop your chest by swimming, which can burn up to 400 calories in 30 minutes.
- : Always consult a physician before attempting to do any exercise or exercise plan.