Dreaming of a bright future? Start working on your grades now. Follow these tips to get the top marks you need.
- Step 1: Get enough sleep every night and eat a good breakfast every morning. You can't concentrate or do your best if you're tired or hungry.
- TIP: Get 8 or 9 hours of sleep every night. If you have a hard time paying attention in class or waking up in the morning, you might not be getting enough sleep.
- Step 2: Keep trying hard in every class and on every assignment. Don't give up, and don't be afraid to ask for help. With hard work and determination, you'll have the grades you want. Giving the teacher an apple couldn't hurt, either.
- FACT: Harvard University is the oldest college in the United States. Founded in 1636, it has graduated seven U.S. presidents and more than 40 Nobel laureates.
- Step 3: Plan ahead for tests and homework assignments. Give yourself enough time to study and prepare without having to cram the night before a due date or test.
- TIP: Create a study group with classmates who are also hoping for an A. Work together – review for tests and quiz each other.
- Step 4: Have one notebook for each class you're taking. Take careful notes every day, outlining the key points your teacher makes, and ask questions.
- TIP: Reread your notes from the previous day before each class. A quick review will keep you prepared for pop quizzes.
- Step 5: Get organized by having a binder for each class you're taking. Organize all of your handouts from class in the binder so that you can easily find them later.
- Step 6: Study in a quiet place. Review your notes every evening and prepare for the next class by reading all of your assignments in advance.
- Step 7: Go to class and pay attention. Sit near the front of the class to help reduce distractions.