Get your tweets heard by growing your number of followers for free, fast, and without following back.
- Step 1: Ask questions and reply to other people's tweets.
- Step 2: Have a contest and offer a prize to ensure that your followers read your tweets and to attract new followers.
- Step 3: Learn from top tweeters. Take note of which of their tweets are the most viewed, the most retweeted, and how they communicate with their followers.
- FACT: A study done by Chadwick Martin Bailey and iModerate Research Technologies found that 79% of people on Twitter are more likely to recommend a brand after becoming a follower of it.
- TIP: Being verified is important if you are using Twitter to promote a business or service.
- Step 4: Get verified. Being verified lets your followers know that you are who you say you are. Fill out a Feedback Form at Twitter.com to get started.
- TIP: Click on Settings to create a Twitter landing page including information about yourself and how you can be contacted.
- Step 5: Use other social networking outlets to let others know about your Twitter account.
- Step 6: Tweet often with worthwhile and useful information.
- Step 7: Take time to customize your profile page. Create a unique background, write an appealing bio, and post a clear picture of yourself to encourage a personal connection with your tweets.