Getting any kind of wax out of your carpet will take a little time and patience. Use these tips to make it a little easier.
- Step 1: Put rubbing alcohol on the paper towel and dab the area. The rubbing alcohol should remove the remaining wax, and also remove any stains from the dyes in the wax. Now your carpet is spot-free.
- FACT: It takes over 800 hours to mold, sculpt, and paint a wax figure used at a Madame Tussauds wax museum.
- Step 2: Cover the area with a clean brown paper bag, and place an iron set on low heat on the bag. The wax should lift up onto the the bag.
- TIP: Put ice cubes in a plastic sandwich bag to avoid dampening the carpet.
- Step 3: Take an ice cube or ice pack and freeze the area. Once frozen, remove the wax with a dull knife or blunt object.
- Step 4: Scrape the wax with a dull knife or spoon to remove as much wax as possible.