Wrinkles in the carpeting are as unattractive as they are dangerous. Fix the wrinkles before they get worse using these easy steps.
- TIP: Repeat until the wrinkles from the carpet are gone.
- Step 1: Move along the wall securing the carpet into the tack strip with your hand.
- Step 2: Cut an entry point in the back of the carpet with a utility knife to begin to cut off the excess carpet. Cut the excess carpet with a carpet cutter slowly; carefully trap the carpet against the woodwork.
- FACT: Electrolux designed the world's most expensive vacuum cleaner encrusted with over 3,700 Swarovski crystals.
- Step 3: Kick the knee kicker with the area above your kneecap. Embed the carpet securely into the tack strip.
- Step 4: Use the knee kicker for tight edges. Set the teeth of the knee kicker into the carpet approximately 6 inches away from the wall.
- Step 5: Vacuum the carpeted area. Then, lift a corner of the carpet up and off the tack strip with pliers. Carefully pull the carpet back.
- Step 6: Place one end of the power stretcher against the wall and embed the teeth into the carpet approximately 6 inches away from the unanchored edge.
- Step 7: Push the lever down and the teeth will grab the carpet and stretch out the wrinkles. Push the carpet back into the tack strip.
- : Always use caution and wear safety goggles when using sharp tools.