You don't have to give up quality gaming time with friends just because they live far away. Xbox Live is the perfect way to bond with your friends over the internet.
- TIP: You will need at least a Gold membership if you want to play games online with your friends. A free membership doesn't include online gaming.
- Step 1: Work on your trash talk -- now you can dominate your friends from anywhere.
- FACT: Microsoft introduced the first Xbox console in 2001.
- Step 2: Decide on an account type. You can choose between Free, Gold, and Family Pack. Each comes with different capabilities. The Gold and Family Pack memberships will cost money so you will need a credit card.
- Step 3: Follow the on-screen prompts. You will be asked to enter your birthday, address, and other basic information.
- Step 4: Connect your Xbox to the internet. You will need at least a 256-kilobytes-per-second connection. Look at the back of the console for the ethernet port and plug in the ethernet cable. Then plug the other end into your router or modem. A modem is the better option so that the Xbox will not have to share the internet connection.
- TIP: You can purchase an Xbox wireless adapter if you don't want to deal with cables, but the connection will be slower.
- Step 5: Turn on your Xbox and go to My Xbox. Then find your avatar and select them. Then select Join Xbox Live.
- Step 6: Create a Windows Live ID by going to login.live.com. You'll need a Windows Live ID to sign into Xbox Live.