You've got a couple of weeks, hundreds of prospects, and some very lonely lips. Here's how to fit some smooching into your busy summer camp schedule.
- Step 1: Be clean. No one's going to come within kissing distance if you stink. Wash, brush, and deodorize regularly, and pay some extra attention to dental hygiene.
- Step 2: Put a little effort into looking nice and presenting yourself well. Don't fall in love with a mirror or anything, but a little forethought can go a long way.
- Step 3: It's not easy to get to know everybody, but if you give people a chance and join in the group activities—even if they're lame—it'll be that much easier to meet someone you like.
- Step 4: Are you a wicked soccer player or can you jam on the guitar like mini-Hendrix? People are attracted to talent, so it's cool to show your skills--as long as you're not being a show-off.
- Step 5: If you meet a really cool person, and you know there are mutual sparks, don't freak out or feel like you have to go for it right away. You've got a few weeks, so take your time. Wait for the right moment.
- Step 6: Go for a walk with your crush, and pick a destination that's fairly secluded. You don't want your first kiss to be in front of your bunkmates, the kickball team, or, worse yet, your counselors.
- TIP: Be discreet. Don't blab or brag about your prospects or the actual kiss itself. You don’t want this to be a one-time thing, do you?
- Step 7: Some lip balm and a well-timed mint or piece of gum can make your first kiss a lot more pleasant. Feel free to share.
- FACT: A German researcher found that most couples turn their heads to the right as they lean into a kiss.
- Step 8: You're with a person you like who likes you back, and you're in a quiet romantic spot. It's time for your big moment! Take it easy, relax, and lean in for the kiss. And if it doesn't happen this time around, don't worry--sooner or later, it will.