Nothing drives a man away like a needy, clingy partner. Here's how to give both of you some much-needed breathing room.
- Step 1: Go shopping. Chances are, your boyfriend won't miss going along for the ride.
- Step 2: Know that being apart more will actually bring you closer. He'll see you in a new, more exciting light and you'll have more to talk about when you are together.
- FACT: According to results from a 2010 survey of men by Askmen.com, loyalty is the highest-ranked personality trait a women must possess in order to become "relationship material." It rated above sense of humor, caring, and intelligence.
- Step 3: Go back to school. Take job-related, noncredit classes to boost your skill set and strengthen your resume.
- Step 4: Spend time with your family. Bond with them doing the things they enjoy just for the sake of being together.
- Step 5: See your friends and do all the things your guy hates. Prove you're not one of those people who dumps their friends once they're in a relationship.
- TIP: Take a weekend getaway with your friends for uninterrupted quality time.
- Step 6: Cultivate your passions. Take music or cooking lessons, art or photography classes, or join a sports league. Developing your own interests enriches your life and, as a bonus, makes you more interesting and desirable.