If you can't wait the six months to a year it takes to fully grow bangs out, deal with your unwanted fringe faster with these quick styling tips.
- Step 1: Use chic accessories like clips, combs, barrettes, and headbands. Use a little pomade first to smooth ends that might stick out. Now go flaunt your new look!
- FACT: Audrey Hepburn helped popularize the still-trendy pixie haircut, which features an irregular fringe across the forehead, in the 1950s.
- Step 2: Be careful with highlights, which can look like stripes on bangs. Get fine highlights a few shades lighter than your base color and concentrate on the tips of bangs to make them look longer.
- TIP: Try a side part if you normally part in the middle to make bangs less noticeable.
- Step 3: Style eyebrow-length bangs with pomade on coarse, wavy hair or gel in fine hair to weigh them down.
- Step 4: Use styling lotion and a round brush to flip back fringe that's longer than the bridge of your nose.
- Step 5: Get the proper cut. Once blunt-cut bangs reach the top of your eyelids, have them angled to soften the look while they grow. At each regular trim, have the hair framing your face angled to meet your bangs.