You can’t run the football if you can’t hand off. And if you can’t run the football, you’ll never win the Super Bowl.
- Step 1: With both hands, hold the ball chest-high, horizontal and straight out to the side.
- Step 2: Let the fullback run by and take it. Don’t move or push in into his arms, or you might cause a fumble.
- FACT: Emmitt Smith rushed for 18,355 yards in his career with the Dallas Cowboys, the most in NFL history.
- Step 3: Rotate or pivot to your fullback’s side of the field.
- TIP: If you’re stationary on the handoff, you’re less likely to fumble.
- Step 4: Holding the ball firmly in the middle, drop back.
- Step 5: Stop, and put your weight on your back foot.
- Step 6: Assuming that you’re the quarterback, line up your team and have your center hike the ball.