A jealous girlfriend can be scary, annoying, and relentless. Get a grip on the situation before it causes the relationship to end.
- TIP: Give frequent compliments.
- Step 1: Seek professional help if your attempts are non-productive.
- FACT: A survey found that 38 percent of the approximately 2.3 million Americans who experience partner violence every year are men.
- Step 2: Creatively remind her how you feel about her. Tell her in person, on the phone, or surprise her with flowers.
- Step 3: Be available and responsive to her needs to help build her trust in you.
- Step 4: Show her how you feel by treating her the same way she treats you.
- Step 5: Be direct and talk with your girlfriend. Have her express her concerns openly and honestly.
- Step 6: Try to empathize. Put yourself in her shoes.
- Step 7: Express to your girlfriend that her jealous ways are pushing you away from her.