If you find yourself lip locked by surprise, these tips will get you through the smooch without breaking a sweat.
- TIP: If you're uncomfortable, respond with a little peck on the cheek, a kiss on the neck or forehead, or break the tension with a raspberry.
- Step 1: Reserve your expectations for what will happen later and don't expect the kiss to lead somewhere. Sometimes a kiss is just a kiss.
- FACT: The rock band KISS has recorded 36 albums over the past 37 years and sold 100 million records worldwide.
- Step 2: Live in the moment and kiss them back. This will also put the person at ease and reveal your feelings for them as well.
- Step 3: Take their hand, or wrap your arm around their shoulders or body to show you liked the spontaneity.
- Step 4: Stay with the kiss and don't pull away, this could send the wrong signal, especially if you enjoyed the kiss.
- Step 5: Give the person some verbal reinforcement if you liked it. If things felt awkward, be sure to tell them why.
- Step 6: Prepare for the unexpected first by having lip balm, mouthwash, and a tooth brush handy.