You don't need to come down with a Saturday Night Fever to have an excuse to boogie. Hang your own disco ball for the ultimate party atmosphere.
- TIP: Locate two disco ball spotlights on opposite sides of the room for the best effect.
- Step 1: Turn on the disco ball and the lights and party to classic disco hits like it's the 1970s.
- FACT: By 1979, there were an estimated 15,000 discotheques in the United States.
- Step 2: Find a good spot away from the dance floor for the disco ball spotlight off. Aim the spotlight at the disco ball and adjust its angle for the most shimmer.
- Step 3: Clip or fasten the chain on the top of the disco ball to the hook on the motor.
- TIP: Locate ceiling joists using a stud finder.
- Step 4: Attach the mounting bracket to the ceiling using the screws included with your disco ball set. The mounting hardware contains a small motor to turn the disco ball.
- Step 5: Search for a suitable place on the ceiling to hang the disco ball. Look for an area solid enough so you can drill screws securely into place.