Hoping for romance on your itinerary? Increase your chances of scoring a summer vacation fling with these tips.
- TIP: If you have sex, use protection.
- Step 1: Be honest with your holiday lover: If you have no desire to keep in touch, don't exchange contact info or suggest they look you up if they're ever visiting your hometown. Or you may come home one day to find your summer vacation fling on your doorstep!
- FACT: In a survey, Miami was voted the best destination for a vacation romance, while Honolulu was voted the most romantic U.S. city.
- Step 2: Don't forget personal safety in your quest for a summer vacation fling. If you take off with a stranger, make sure someone knows where you're going and when you're expected back.
- Step 3: Talk to people wherever you go; you never know where a casual conversation will lead. If you see someone you like, make the first move. There's no time to waste!
- Step 4: Travel solo or with just one friend to help attract a summer vacation fling. It’s easier to meet people when you're not traveling in a group.
- Step 5: Be open to a romance with someone who is usually not your type. After all, it's a short-term fling, not a lifelong commitment.
- Step 6: Choose a destination that's popular with singles, like a beach town. Or take a trip that expressly caters to the unattached, like a singles cruise.